Evolution still crashing in stable---WHY???

Its stable...so why is evolution crashing every time I send a message or
add to my address book. EVERY TIME!!
I dumped everything incl the ./evolution files
in /home/myusername/.evolution; I imported the files that I needed back
into the new install & cleaned up everything. It's still crashing. Any
ideas? At this point I,m actually considering dumping it in favor of
Thunderbird & friends that do what I need, though I don't like the
screen layout of the bird.
frosty