Re: OFF-TOPIC: HTML to send data out a certain port

Kent West wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> >This is the sort of information I need. Thanks! But the man page
> >for nc says -l and -p are not to be used together, and it doesn't
> >work when I try to use them together. So I'm not sure how to
> >listen to incoming data.
>
> Ah, just leave off the -p, as in
> >nc -l 4998

What you are seeing are differences between netcat-openbsd and
netcat-traditional versions of that command.  One takes it one way and
the other takes it the other way.  It depends upon what you have
installed and configured.  They use the Debian alternatives system.

  $ update-alternatives --display nc

Bob