Re: LXDE Menu editing

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 10:55:52 -0600
Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Robert Blair Mason Jr.
> <rbmj@verizon.net> wrote:

> > I don't want to provoke anyone or start a flame war, but why does
> > the debian menu system still exist?  It had it's place in the past,
> > but all modern DEs and panel/menu systems support the FD.o XDG
> > application standards.  Maybe it's a little strong to say it should
> > be dropped (I can see uses in some special cases), but why is it
> > enabled by default?
> >
> > --
> > rbmj
>

> Hi, I don't use any DE at all, only fluxbox as WM.  And the debian
> menu comes really handy to me, since it avoids me to edit several
> things by hand.  So I'd say you must take into account those that do
> not use "modern DEs"...  Just in case we get forgotten, :-)

I understand your point, but why is it included by default for those of
us who do use "modern DEs".  I have much respect for those of us who
have the time to get that "perfect config" with a non-DE setup... but I
think a decent majority doesn't have the need for the debian menu, and
those who do will likely know what they need to install.

--
rbmj