Re: where are xorg-macros

On 10/09/2011 07:16 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
I've looked around with google and on xorg home site for this.

xorg-macros

I find reference to it but not how to get it.

You use the debian tools, such as apt-cache.
ie

apt-cache search xorg-macros
    xutils-dev - X Window System utility programs for development
Which is the package that contains xorg-macros

apt-cache show xutils-dev
will show you the information on xutils-dev package.

Do you have the debian-reference package installed?  You will find
that to be a good reference to how to run/mantain/understand the
Debian System.

When I run ./autogen.sh in a git clone of an xorg driver I get this
output. (I added the spacing and asterisks)

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal

*****
configure.ac:33: error: must install xorg-macros 1.8 or later before running autoconf/autogen
*****

configure.ac:33: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

I'm not finding where this might be found or if it might be part of a
pkg.

Anyone know?

   * Turkish - detected
   * English