Re: [OT] Re: Please kill the noise

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 14:46:11 -0700
Freeman <hewho7@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 08:24:07AM -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> > On 10/06/2011 06:32 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> > >All of the off topic crap the last couple of days is making it more
> > >difficult to assist those who actually need help with Debian.
> >
> > If you are using an MUA that supports threading, then I don't see
> > the issue. It's all contained in one thread, and it doesn't prevent
> > me from seeing other posts in other threads.
> >
> > >Debian is an OS for _mature_ Linux users.  Please act like one and
> > >stop this juvenile OT nonsense.
> >
> > Following the "Re: Wow, Evolution left me with eggs in my face"
> > thread, including all of its off-topic sub-threads, has shown a
> > great level of maturity and tact. I see nothing juvenile about the
> > thread personally.
> >

> Maybe the occasional off topic post should be a reminder to subscribe
>
> d-community-offtopic@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> The official Debian archive of support information would be left
> cleaner. Filtering into separate or joint mailboxes gives sharper
> organization than depending on OT in the header.  The varying needs
> for social environment would be satisfied along with the need for a
> positive signal to noise ratio.

It's a pity that's not the case, as I sometimes have a question
regarding firewalls, etc and take it to the firewall list, yet the
number of questions regarding firewalls I have seen on 'debian-user'
probably far out-number those on 'firewall'.

This probably means that the answer to a searcher's question exists,
but they have been looking where the answer isn't.
Regards,

Weaver.

--
"In a world without walls and fences,
what need have we for Windows or Gates?"