Re: Install kde-desktop on existing debian install

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 12:20:28 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Please, people... when you cite any document/source that you've found
>> on Internet also put the link you are referring to, so we can check ;-)
>
> I did intend to include that but forgot it in the end.
>
> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde3.html
>
> Note is says but kde3 but its really up to 4.4 on the page cited.
>
> I found better advice here:
> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4.html

*Much* better, of course :-)

> But so far having a poor experience with KDE.  When I get logged in
> there are no menus/panels or anything other than a black screen.

(...)

Then kindly open a new thread for each problem you are facing (to avoid
mixing up things in just one big and unmanageable thread) and please
explain what steps did you follow, what packages got installed, what
Debian version are you running, etc... so someone can provide any tips
for this (if you still want to solve all these problems).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón