Re: `Xorg -configure' failure

On 2011-10-07 19:53 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 11:56 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> Do you have any recommendation?  On gentoo I was using the `nv' driver
>> that I do not see available for debian.
>
> I'm using testing, there's no nv driver for testing, but I'm using X
> from stable.
>
> On my testing it's xserver-xorg-video-nv 1:2.1.17-3, the internet says
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xserver-xorg-video-nv
> there'll be a nv driver for SID :).

You read wrong, those are outdated versions for unofficial architectures.

> So ONLY with testing we do have bad luck regarding to the nv driver.

The nv driver is gone and it's not coming back unless somebody
reintroduces it, which is highly unlikely.  If you think about doing
that yourself: http://bugs.debian.org/383465 is the nut you have to
crack before the ftp-masters will let this driver in.

Sven