Re: Please kill the noise

Am Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011 schrieb Hugo Vanwoerkom:
> Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> > All of the off topic crap the last couple of days is making it more
> > difficult to assist those who actually need help with Debian.
> >
> > Debian is an OS for _mature_ Linux users.  Please act like one and
> > stop this juvenile OT nonsense.
>
> I personally look for who the sender is and I found some interesting

I think its a question of off topic versus on topic ratio. Due to threading
feature in KMail its easy for me to ignore off topic stuff, but when it
exceeds a certain amount I tend to get annoyed with it, cause then its
more difficult for me to spot the threads that contain the stuff I am
interested in.

I do not like filtering out off topic mails, since as you wrote, some off
topic threads can contain interesting stuff.

So from me the appeal to keep an eye on the amount of off topic stuff to
keep that balance intact.

Thanks,