Re: Totem & tty's

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 06:56:19PM BST, Mark Panen wrote:
> On 05/10/2011 14:30, Raf Czlonka wrote:
> >Please, be polite when you're asking for help.
>
> Please Dear Sir, i now have totem recognised by reportbug all of a
> sudden, but :

There's no need to be sarcastic either.

> Your version (2.30.2-6) of totem appears to be out of date.
> The following newer release(s) are available in the Debian archive:
>   stable: 2.30.2-8+b2
>   testing: 2.30.2-8+b2
>   unstable: 2.30.2-8+b2
> Do you still want to file a report [y|N|q|?]?
>
> "aptitude install totem" does not install any new version?

According to p.d.o 2.30.2-6 is the newest version available for stable.
I also noticed that 2.30.2-8+b2 is also available in stable archive.
What I suspect happened is that it's an upload for upcoming point
release[0].
I'd check whether the bug's been fixed in the new version and file it,
maybe hold off until 6.0.3 is official.

[0] http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110919

Regards,
--