Re: imap with claws mail problem

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:33:14 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:04:48 +0100, richard2 wrote:
>
> > having to send from my laptop still with evo as claws mail goes the the
> > google all mail box which has 34000 messages in and tries to filter or
> > some thing, its takes over half hour each time it goes to fetch mail. I
> > use imap on my android phone and the laptop and both only look a the
> > google inbox and not the other folders. Why virginmedia went to using
> > google mail I dont know :(. Any ideas how I can stop it behaving this
> > way and just checking the inbox only
>
> Richard, I know nothing about Claws Mail but there is a detailed article
> at their site about setting up Gmail with their MUA, have you already
> checked it?
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php?title=Using_Claws_with_Gmail
>
> And some additional (and useful) info and tips on how Google's IMAP works:
>
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75725
>
> OTOH, I dunno how Claws manages this, but usually you can also select [x]
> what IMAP sub-folders you want to keep synced (subscribed) with and "/
> All" folder is something to avoid in this case, of course :-)
>
> Greetings,

Hi

the missing "t" problem when composing was cured by toggling the automatic character set setting.
I'm gradually getting under control ,but the default settings seem to be subscribe to everything.
and virginmedia's settings on googlemail are crap, and difficult to find and use.

getting there slowly, as I activated the testing repos to get claws 3.7.10. I was brave and let it up
grade so I'm running wheezy. I fthe audio naming problem is a bug, it maybe better to fix it for the
next release then backport, instead of putting it in the queue to be fix when there is time.
hanks for the help.