Re: XChat links to the Debian BTS

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 22:44:59 +0200, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:

> On 05/10/11 22:11, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> On 5 October 2011 19:28, Andreas Rönnquist <gusnan@gusnan.se> wrote:
>>> Hi everybody.
>>>
>>> Using XChat, is there a way to interpret #nnnnnn as a link to
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/nnnnnn? As it is now, #nnnnnn is interpreted as
>>> an IRC channel (Which pretty much always is wrong if n is a number),
>>> and gives me the option to join it - not quite what I want.
>>>
>> Your using the wrong tool for the job, but I dont know what the right
>> tool is. XChat is just for chatting on IRC, thats what its designed for
>> and thats what its good for.
>
> Oh, you are right. I mean of course open the links in an external
> browser - which it does on standard links - but I want the behaviour on
> "links" which starts with the character '#' changed.

There is something about how is that handled internally at XChat FAQ:

21. What's the deal with opening URLs in XChat on Unix/Linux?
http://xchat.org/faq/#q221

As it seems to rely on "xdg-open" in first place, what it returns this
command? I.e.: xdg-open uri

When I run the above command, I get my default browser and the requested
URI (I think the same as you), so what kind of URI are you trying to load
from XChat? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón