Re: IP address depending on the MAC

On 02.10.2011 22:37, Raf Czlonka wrote:

I was about to suggest preseeding as well - works great if you combine
it with pxelinux, even if you need to set up a DHCP server on a small
subnet only for that purpose. But if it doesn't, your option is a
script - try some scripts/rules from ifupdown* packages and/or maybe
combined them with one of the IP autoconfig utils found in Debian.

Thanks, I didn't realize there are such scripts, but indeed there are in the repository.

--
Ireneusz (Irek) Szczesniak
http://www.irkos.org