Re: Re: Ethernet alias fails to brought up sometimes when booting up

Camaleón wrote:

Have you verified that with "ifconfig"? What's the output of that
command? Are only the virtual addresses which fail to go up? How about
manually bringing up them (e.g., "ifconfig eth1:1 up"), it succeeds?

If I manually bring up, it works. It also works with "ifup -a". Only fails, sometimes, lets say 1 of every 10 boots, when booting up the machine.

This is the content of /etc/network/interfaces:

Mmm, at a first glance the file looks quite right :-?

Have you checked for any typos or hidden characters on the file?

There were a "á" character in a comment inside the file. I have remove it, but I think that if that was the problem, it would happen always, not sometimes...

Thanks and regards

Santiago Castillo Oli        scastillo@aragon.es
Técnico de sistemas                 976 71 50 06
Biblioteca de Aragón