Problem with /tmp full due to default mounting on tmpfs in laptop with big RAM

Hi,

I've run into serious problem when moved my FPGA development system to the new laptop with 8GB of RAM.
The FPGA compilers stopped to work mysteriously.
After some time I've found, that the reason is lack of place in the /tmp directory.
Investigating it, I've found, that the /tmp is now mounted (in the
/etc/init.d/mountkernfs.sh script) by default as tmpfs with capacity of 20% of RAM, which was way too small for those tools, which place big temporary files in /tmp.

As I didn't need to reinstall any of my Debian systems for quite a long time, I don't know when this behavior has changed. Anyway, finding of the cause and cure (which was simply setting of "RAMTMP" to "no" in the /etc/default/rcS ) consumed quite a long time...

--
Regards,
WZab