Re: portable driver

On Oct 2, 2011, at 23:05, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:47:00 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (...)

>>> !?

The fglrx driver was removed last time due to the update of xserver-Xorg-core.

Today tried to downgrade the xserver, which removed the Xorg and etc. So later come back to present xserver.

Still don't know how to install the fglrx-driver. This is another story.

>>> I still don't see any relation between these two (VGA driver and /media
>>> mount point) as you don't even need a DE nor a graphical driver to
What does the DE mean?
>>> mount your external disk. You can always do it manually by connecting
>>> the external drive and then type "dmesg" to find out where the disk has
>>> been detected, then mount it with "mount" by passing it the right
>>> parameters for perms.
>>>

>> sorry, don't know how to copy screen and use email in console,
>
> GPM (mouse on console) may help.

Seems my mouse not be recognized in console.  Do I need set up GPM?

>> just typed something it popped up:
>>
>> [8038.643316] sd 2:0:0:0 [sdb] No Caching mode page present
>> [8038.643403] sd 2:0:0:0 [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
>
> Okay, then it's "/dev/sdb" but are you sure? To re-check run "fdisk -l"
> as root.
Thanks.
Right now my back is pain to hell.
I couldn't bear stay one more minute in front of computer.  So now I'm laying in bed use phone.  I will check tomorrow.

>> I used to find it in the /media, but now none.
>
> Yes, that's usually managed by DE automounter (nowadays policykit based).
>
>> I checked dmesg
>> it showed USB Mass Storage support registered. but I don't know how to
>> mount.
>
> Determine where is the disk/partition and then mount it -first attempt-
> as usual, i.e. (do not copy/paste, adjust it to your needs):
>
> mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
>
> P.S. May I ask why you cannot access your DE as usual? :-?
DE = desktop environment?

> Greetings,

Thanks. ^_^