Re: portable driver

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:17:41 +0800, lina wrote:

> My graphic driver has not been installed,

You mean your VGA driver?

> so I access from console,
>
> but in /media
>
> there is none such portable driver.

And what kind of relation we must see between the VGA driver and your
portable drive? Kindly explain :-)

> I want to use it to transfer large files (more than 100G). use network
> really slow.
>
> But before when the graphic driver works, I can find it in /media.

!?

I still don't see any relation between these two (VGA driver and /media
mount point) as you don't even need a DE nor a graphical driver to mount
your external disk. You can always do it manually by connecting the
external drive and then type "dmesg" to find out where the disk has been
detected, then mount it with "mount" by passing it the right parameters
for perms.

Greetings,

sorry, don't know how to copy screen and use email in console,

just typed something it popped up:

[8038.643316] sd 2:0:0:0 [sdb] No Caching mode page present
[8038.643403] sd 2:0:0:0 [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through

I used to find it in the /media, but now none.

I checked dmesg
it showed USB Mass Storage support registered.
but I don't know how to mount.

Thanks

--
Camaleón