Re: [OT] British vs. American English (was Re: Wow, Evolution left me with eggs in my face)

2011/10/2 Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:
> On Sunday 02 October 2011 15:58:01 consul tores wrote:
>> i am from El Salvador of America, but we do not take "America" only
>> for us; maybe it is related to common sense! or maybe low knowledge of
>> Geography. it is the same with North America without Mexico.
>
> I agree, consul tores and try to remember to say either the USofA or the USA
> when meaning that country.  But I have never found an acceptable way for
> saying that someone is a native of that country.  Citizen of the USofA
> perhaps??  Maybe we should coin an adjective.  USian perhaps?
>
> Lisi
> (Who once spent 6 weeks in America, but has never been to the USA.)

I never say American to do a reference to US or Americans/USians,
because i am American too.
Canadians use "native" and USians "indians" i think; we say
"indigenous"; and in general American natives or ancestors.