Re: Evolution version

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 16:08 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 11:49:10 +0100, Richard Bown wrote:
>
> > Hi D6 is shipped with Evolution 2.30.3, the last version I was using was
> > 2.32 and I backed up every thing , but now it wont restore, the tar file
> > is OK, I suspect it knows the version difference and wont play. Is there
> > a late version of Evolution available as a.deb so I can have the old
> > mail onthis system ?

Somewhere in the debian users mailing list archive there is a
complicated way to handle this issue. We had problems to import our
mails, even when we used the same versions of Evolution version 2.
See the Forwarded messages, you need to search for this thread.

> Hum... 2.30 and 2.32 look very "close in time" versions but true is that
> something could have changed in between (like mail storage format, from
> mbox to maildir, but I think this happened since 3.0 not with 2.32
> branch) but I would try to get additional information on the error by
> launching Evolution from command line and then try to restore the backup
> file.

Correct, mbox to maildir happened from version 2 to version 3.