Re: daft newbie questions

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 17:33 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 18:06:31 +0100, Andrew Wood wrote:
>
> > I thought Wheezey was still on Gnome 2.30, not even 2.32?
>
> I guessed the OP was using an Evolution from another distribution.

Current Evolution for testing's GNOME 2.30.2 is 3.0.3.
If you've got friends who are journalists in China, than you better
don't use Evolution. You might use the undo option and this will send
the email, before you encrypted it, so this little bug might be the
cause that your friends will be killed by the Chinese government.

> > Im hoping Gnome 3.4 or 3.6 will be polished enough to make it into
> > Wheezey when it goes stable.
>
> GNOME 3 is already in wheezhy. What still is not there is the fearsome
> gnome-shell }:-)
>
> > Ive been trying 3.0 out on Fedora and think its great ( Gnome 3 that is
> > not Fedora ;) A few rough edges on the new System Prefs app but nothing
> > that wont be polished up in time.
>
> If you like GNOME 3 + gnome-shell then you're fortunate.

GNOME 3 will bring us a lot of pain :(. Fortunately there are a lot of
discussions about the DE that will replace GNOME for many people, as
soon as GNOME 2 will be dropped.