Re: [OT] British vs. American English

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 20:36:23 -0400 (EDT), John Hasler wrote:
> Stephen Powell writes:
>> And I didn't know that the British sense existed.  Amazing, isn't it?
>> Two cultures divided by a common language.
>
> Look up the British meanings of "fanny" and "stuffed".

I did.  They're quite different from the American meanings!
To an American, "fanny" means one's hindquarters (male or female),
and "stuffed" means "so full that I can't eat another bite".
The British meanings won't pass muster with
Debian mailing list policy to post.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :