Re: daft newbie questions

> Hi
> I've taken refuge from Kernel 3.0 and gnome3.
> can someone point me to where I can find libdvdcss and the w32/mpeg4
> codecs.I can find reference to 32bit, but not amd64

  I get these from debian-multimedia.org.

> And is firefox in a repo somewhere ?, ice weasle hasn't so opened as the
> lock file is set, is that in .mozilla ???

  You don't need a new browser, you just need to clear the lock
file.  Look in your "profile", in $HOME/.mozilla/firefox.  Delete
everything with "lock" in the name, but be careful, your bookmarks
and browser state are in here too.  If you don't value your bookmarks,
you can just trash this whole directory and start over, but that's
rather extreme, of course.

  For newer iceweasels, there are packages at mozilla.debian.net, although
a word of warning, I am currently having a minor issue with the flash
plug-in on iceweasel 6.0.2 on 64-bit "squeeze" -- occasional random crashes,
it's usable, but annoying.

 				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net