More USB install-images please!

I sometimes install Debian on machines belonging to family and friends.
On my latest install I tried the boot.img.gz on an USB-stick. It failed
halfway trough, complaining about a missing suitable ISO-image. Not
wasting time, I dd'ed the netinstall iso onto the stick and installed.

As far as I know, the debian-6.0.2.1-i386-netinst.iso is the ONLY one
that can be used on both USB and CD-rom. Why not give
debian-6.0.2.1-i386-CD-1.iso the same functionality???? The
netinstall-image install requires much time on slow lines.

I HAVE tried dd'ing debian-6.0.2.1-i386-CD-1.iso to a stick. It will
not boot. Didn't expect it to do either. Had to try.