Re: how stable is lenny

On 2011-09-25, Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

> Yes, it is not about your installation, but how to use "foreports" -- we
> have backports, but I can't find a foreports repository so I am guessing
> it is a case of having extra old stubs to use as foreports...

Sorry. I thought I was being funny and invented a "foreports" repository
that has no independent existence (that I know of) outside of my own
demented imagination.

Don't ask me what's funny about this invention, please, 'cause I don't
know.

But I suppose if it is possible to backport an application, it is
possible to foreport one, though it seems the demand for the latter
thing must be rather small because if it were bigger a foreports
repository would probably really exist.  Most people want to go forward,
even if it's only an illusion.

I don't know what extra old stubs are, nor what you can do with them,
but it sounds interesting.