Re: Help need to upgrade tshark version in Debian

On 21/09/11 21:35, Muhammad Fahad wrote:
> Hello�
>
> �Current version of tshark in my debian is�1.2.11, i want to upgrade to
> 1.4.x.�
> Can anyone help me in this
>
> --
> Muhammad Fahad.k
> +919844164764
> +919663385645
> "Knowledge is not what is memorised.
> Knowledge is what benefits."

Wheezy and Sid have 1.6.1-1
It's not in Squeeze backports - I'm assuming from the quoted version
that you are running Squeeze.

If you specifically want 1.4.x you'd need to compile it from [*1]:-
http://wiresharkdownloads.riverbed.com/wireshark/src/all-versions/

If you wish to try and install the Wheezy release these are the
dependancies you'd need to satisfy:-
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/tshark

Let us know how you go, Cheers

[*1] it's part of wireshark
--
"People in the United Kingdom and outside the United States share my
bemusement with the United States that America doesn’t share with