unable to ssh as user in konsole on shells

Hi,

I always ssh into my Debian squeeze machine from a certain shell using
konsole (number seven), first as user then as root, i have 7 open.
Today i tried to ssh as user into the Debian box using my shell number
six which i normally use for this and the connection timed out. I can
ssh through the tty.

So i exited shell 7 (ssh) and tried to ssh into my Debian box and it did.

What's up? I can't ssh through the other shells.

Cheers

Mark