Re: 100% used / file system. Help!

May I suggest the following.  From the other posts you know that there is
slack space on the drive (5% of the drive) that is reserved for the root user
to be able to log in and get things back in order.

How about this: reboot the system into single user mode and run fsck on the
drive.  First things first.  Let's see if the drive is healthy.

Healthy?  Good!  Now log in as root and go to your /var/log directory.  Do an
"ls" to see how many levels of backups of the logs are kept and rm all of the
backup log files.

Now that you have some room to play with....Here is something that I just
found on my server....
cd into /etc/logrotate.d
run this command as root:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate

I was surprised to find that my logs were not being rotated because there were
duplicate config files (with different names) in the directory and logrotate
won't work until there are no duplicates.  Just to be clear, it was the
contents of the files that were duplicated, not the file names.  You will see an
error message when you manually run the logrotate command if you have this
problem.

Mark