Re: How the kernel knows?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 03:29:06PM -0300, David Roguin wrote:
> I was wondering, how does the kernel knows what module (or driver) to load given any hardware?

The kernel queries the hardware, and then based on what it finds, loads the
appropriate driver, whether it was compiled in the kernel, or compiled as a
module.

> And, can i see that in any log file?

During boot, the kernel logs to /var/log/dmesg. While the system is up and
running, you can view the output of the dmesg(1) command.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o