Re: Debian sid root path issue

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Jochen Spieker <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
Joseph Lenox:

> After updating Sid last week, I tried to install something with
> apt-get using sudo and got the following error from dpkg:
> dpkg: warning: 'ldconfig' not found in PATH or not executable.
> dpkg: warning: 'start-stop-daemon' not found in PATH or not executable.
> dpkg: error: 2 expected programs not found in PATH or not executable.

Run visudo (as root) and see whether your PATH is set to a sane value. I
have:

Defaults        env_reset
Defaults secure_path="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"

J.

Just the default env_reset was in my sudoers file; secure_path hadn't been set. I added secure_path and all appears to be well. I don't remember env_reset being in my sudoers file initially, but I can't be sure.
--
"Nothing unreal exists." - Kiri-kin-tha's First Law of Metaphysics.