Re: how to identify mp3 audio files with just noise in it

 > how to identify an mp3 file which has just static noise in it?

 > I want to identify & delete files which does not have any human
 > voice/musical element in it. I don't have the luxury of mp3tags to
 > use.

 > Just Noise: http://bit.ly/qkhBux

 > Not Noise:  http://bit.ly/oZmdLS (good file, the kind I want to
 > retain)

 > is there something like jp2a out there for audio files to profile the
 > histogram of its contents?

 > hope this question makes sense.

	I guess that sox(1) may be used to filter the noise first,
	turning it into silence, and then to trim the silence off.

	Thus, the resulting (temporary) file will be empty (not counting
	the header; then, a headerless format may be chosen) should
	there be no non-noise sounds in the source file.

	(But note that I haven't tested the above in practice.)

--
FSF associate member #7257