Re: How to get the configure options of a binary package?

On 19/09/11 11:04, littlebat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am compiling some packages from source, so I need learning the
> configure options of these packages in Debian. Is it possible to get the
> configure options of a Debian binary package or Debian source package
> or simply an executable binary program?
>
> For example, when I execute "ffmpeg" in shell, it will show its
> configure options, version, build time, etc.. How can I get this
> information from a program?
>
> And, how to configure the compiling options so it can show these
> information when execute it in the shell?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---
> littlebat

Download the source package and look for a rules file in the debian
directory.

eg:-
# apt-get source vlc
# cat vlc-1.1.3/debian/rules
#!/usr/bin/make -f

DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE   ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
DEB_HOST_ARCH       ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_ARCH)
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE  ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)
DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS    ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH_OS)

<snipped>

binary: binary-indep binary-arch
.PHONY: build clean install binary-indep binary-arch binary

Cheers

--
"...I just want to be free of the fears and anxieties and the
superstitions of religion. An 'avenging GOD'? One who created Hell for