Re: X and no Keyboard (debian Squeeze)

Hi Julien :)

nice to read you here too.

On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 16:24 +0000,

>         # dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-input
>         ii  xserver-xorg-input-evdev             1:2.3.2-6
>         X.Org X server -- evdev input driver
>         ii  xserver-xorg-input-kbd               1:1.4.0-2
>         X.Org X server -- keyboard input driver

As long as you aren't using a /etc/X11/xorg.conf, I suspect that
packages are useless (I'm not sure about that ;). Usually Debian doesn't
use an xorg.conf to set up X. Please try running Debian with an
xorg.conf.

Wow, my Debian xorg.conf is useless as an example for you, since it
doesn't have entries for keyboard and mouse.

I found something for my Suse install, you might try this for xorg.conf

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout[all]"
    Screen         "Screen[0]" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Keyboard[0]" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice    "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Clone" "off"
    Option         "Xinerama" "off"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option         "AllowMouseOpenFail" "on"
    Option         "ZapWarning" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Keyboard[0]"
    Driver         "kbd"
    Option         "Protocol" "Standard"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "de"
    Option         "XkbModel" "microsoftpro"
    Option         "XkbRules" "xfree86"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier     "Mouse[1]"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Buttons" "5"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option         "Name" "ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
    Option         "Vendor" "Sysp"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I'm not sure, since you're using braille, if you need an entry for vesa
and monitor settings to start X with an xorg.conf.

Perhaps you need to add

Section "Device"
        Driver     "vesa"
EndSection

Hth,

Ralle

OT PS: Some might wait for replies off-list, I'll write you ASAP, I'm
short in time at the moment, pardon , especially to S..