Re: Support of Ethernet card Broadcom

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Costacurta wrote:
I bought an Acer (model 4750) and tried to install on it Squeeze image i386 CD-ROM. During the network hardware detection the Ethernet card Broadcom (model Netlink BCM57785) is not recognized (note : I identified this model using an Ubuntu 11.04 live DVD). I suppose it is simply not included in the Squeeze image i386 CD-Rom I used.

First off, Debian's position on non-free is here [1].

My questions is does Debian propose a package supporting Ethernet card Broadcom BCM57785 ? If yes is there an image containing it (eg. CD versus DVD images packages list) ?

Yes, try here [2] -- unofficial .... multi-arch covers 32 and 64 bit, so if you really only want the 32 bit version, choose the right link.

[1] http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#nonfree

[2] http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/6.0.2.1/multi-arch/iso-cd/
&
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/6.0.2.1/i386/iso-cd/