Wiping hard drives

 I will be wiping partitions on my hard drive before sending it back to the manufacturer for replacement.

I usually prefer dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdX#  for the unencrypted partitions and just over write the first few sectors on the LUKS partition to destroy the header file.

I just want to hear some opinions as to what precautions you take before parting with hard drives. I would be very interested to hear from SSD owners.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi