Re: Bind does not die

12.9.2011 7:49, Bob Proulx kirjoitti:
> Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> Whenever I shutdown or reboot my Debians, the process fails. Bind
>> shutdown process waits for the process to end indefinitely, and the
>> machine does not shut down. I have to manually find the process and kill
>> with -9.
>
> This reads like a problem with your /etc/bind/rndc.key file.  What
> does this say when you try to run the stop command manually?
>
>   # rndc stop
>
> If that indicates a problem with the rndc.key file then check that the
> contents have not been munged.  Check that the file permissions have
> not been munged.

jarif@spitfire:~$ sudo rndc stop
WARNING: key file (/etc/bind/rndc.key) exists, but using default
configuration file (/etc/bind/rndc.conf)

And, it stopped immediately! This is strange, why does it not stop when
rebooting...

--

For years a secret shame destroyed my peace--
I'd not read Eliot, Auden or MacNiece.