Re: Install Debian 6 with only cell phone mobile modem Huawei E1752

Op 07-09-11 21:11, Johan Scheepers schreef:
> Good day,
> Due to telephone cable theft I am without landline and my dsl internet
> connection.
> When repairs will done unknown.
> So I have got a Huawei E1752 mobile modem and sim.
> Now I have a debian 6 cd. That is installed on a 5400 revs sata internal
> laptop drive while dsl still working. Mobile works fine on existing os.
> Have ordered debian 6 on 8 dvd's. Done a test install while waiting with
> only mobile modem.
> Now install unable to install the internet service due not able to
> configure DHCP.
> This installation will now be on a 7400 rev internal laptop drive.
> Now after install and reboot no networking.

I expect it will help when you install network-manager. When you are
using Gnome, install the package network-manager-gnome, when using KDE
install the package network-manager-kde. When using something else, I
don't know what to do, maybe tell us what you use.

> Did some google but not correct answers for maybe not correct questions.
> Kindly please how to install networking from cd or eventually from said
> dvd's.

You can install from CD or DVD on the same way as you can install from
the internet, when you /etc/apt/sources.list file is correct configured.

I would install it on a way like this:
su  # become root, will ask for a password
apt-get install network-manager-gnome  # install it.

If you get an error, paste it to the list.

But you can also do it with Synaptic.

With regards,

Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen