Re: In Need of Advice

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 07:39:46PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Dan Ritter wrote:

> > And on your DOS box, you want to set up the Crynwr packet driver
> > appropriate for your ethernet card -- see
> > http://www.georgpotthast.de/sioux/packet.htm
> > for packet drivers.
> >
> > DOS apps which use packet drivers are listed at
> > http://www.dendarii.co.uk/FAQs/dos-apps.html
> >
> Let's see if this goes over as bottom posted.  I don't recommend using
> ethernet with dos since it's just about impossible to either locate a dos
> ethernet driver that will work with the available ethernet card and the
> second near impossibility is finding anyone who even remembers how to set
> a dos box up so it will work on ethernet.  Too many people suffered too
> much Windows brain rot over the years and even those that once knew how
> to do this I know have forgotten how to do it.

I'm not sure what the point of this comment is, given that I
pointed out the two necessary resources to put working ethernet
on a DOS box.

It's not particularly difficult, and since it can all be done
from a simple commmand line, it's very likely to be a good
solution for a screen-reader user.

Oh, and Crynwr is the Welsh word for Quaker, and is pronounced
cru-noor, approximately.

http://bat8.inria.fr/~lang/hotlist/free/use/crynwr.html

-dsr-

You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.