missing modules

List

This is probably an Apache issue but with so much expertise on this list I thought I'd try here first.

I am running an up-to date Debian Stable System for my own use as well as a central backup (using backuppc and samba) for my family.  I also use the Apache home page to keep system info available for the family.  My family now wishes me to serve individual web pages for each of them.  I believe this is done by configuring the userdir modules within Apache2.  The problem is on my system these modules do not exist (either in mods-available or mods-enabled).  Googling has found some Apache2 configurations with the modules available and enabled and others with the modules available but not enabled but none with my configuration.  Any suggestions (I would hate to reinstall Apache2 but if I must I must)?

Larry