Re: What is the right way to use consolekit with startx?

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:07:18AM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 30 Aug 2011 at 11:22:07 +1000, David Purton wrote:
>
> > I have not been able to get consolekit working properly since version
> > 0.4.1-4.
> >
> > I believe it is something to do with bug #597937.
>
> I have xfce4 (unstable) started with startx. Replacing consolekit with
> Squeeze's version (and putting it on hold) and installing policykit-1
> and libpam-ck-connector marks the X session as 'active'.

Yeah - that is what I'm doing at the moment.. I'm looking for a way that
doesn't involve editing non-config files ad uses the latest version of
consolekit so that other problems are not introduced down the track by
having this package out of date.

There is a good idea in this thread suggesting to modify policies with
local exceptions which I am going to try.

David

--
David Purton
dcpurton@marshwiggle.net

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a