Re: root path change

On 08/30/2011 11:02 AM, David Goodenough wrote:
On Tuesday 30 Aug 2011, Paul Scott wrote:
Hi,

I'm running sid.

I have found several partial answers with Google but nothing conclusive.

About a week ago 'sudo aptitude' stopped working because /sbin and
/usr/sbin are no longer on the path.  Is this possible a recent security
improvement?  Aptitude works fine if I use "su -" instead of sudo.

Thanks for any information,

Paul Scott
try:-

sudo -i aptitude

which simulates a logon as root and therefore gets the right path.

Thanks!  See the reply I am about to make to Bob.

Paul