Re: no more system bell after squeeze upgrade

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:42:05 +0000, Curt wrote:

> I don't have the system/terminal beep (bell) in Gnome anymore after
> upgrading to squeeze.

(...)

> Alsamixer has a 'Beep' channel I've unmuted, but it seems to turn on a
> sound card beep (though only in the console), but I want the internal
> motherboard beep I had before, the annoying one that gets on people's
> nerves and just about everybody else tries to turn off.

Hum... IIRC there was a change upstream (GNOME) about this and now
libcanberra handles system sounds using speakers in favor of the
motherboard beep but I don't remember exactly what is the current status
for this.

However, I can hear a short beep coming from the internal speakers of my
netbook in wheezy when shutting down/restarting the system while gnome-
terminal produces no beep at all.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón