Re: Want to adopt an orphan package but don't know what to do

On 29/08/11 17:53, H Xu wrote:
Hello everyone,

I want to adopt an orphan package but I don't know what should I do to
make myself granted to do that. Could anyone offer me some help?

Thanks.

H Xu

If it's listed here:-
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

See here:-
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#howto-o

If there's no an existing bug report for the package, create one, then adopt it.

I haven't tried this, but was considering doing so last year - the process may have changed since then. I'm assuming you have some knowledge of packaging.

Cheers

--
"I've got a bathtub and an imagination, I'm staying indoors this summer.
That way I can listen to music that I like."