Re: xorg configuration

On 29/08/11 04:54, Andreas Berglund wrote:
I have xorg on autodetect, but it frequently gets things wrong about the
resolution the monitor provides. When it gets things right is there any
way to extract the configuration of the running instane of xorg into a
configuration file?

/Andreas

On Squeeze man Xorg says:-

-configure
 When this option is specified, the Xorg server loads all
 video driver modules, probes for available hardware, and
 writes out an initial xorg.conf(5) file based on what was
 detected. This option currently has some problems on some
 platforms, but in most cases it is a good way to bootstrap
 the configuration process. This option is only available
 when the server is run as root (i.e, with real-uid 0).

My suggestion would be:-
# /etc/init.d/gdm stop
# Xorg -configure
# /etc/init.d/gdm start

Substitute kdm for gdm with KDE

Cheers

--
"I've got a bathtub and an imagination, I'm staying indoors this summer.
That way I can listen to music that I like."