Re: Is there a way to tell when a system was first booted?

>i don't know how to say this without sounding like a smart ass, so i'm

>going to sound like a smart ass:
>why does it matter?

lol, but some of us are inordinately nostalgic and sentiMENTAL.

I'd look at the ctimes of some of the main directories like /var, /bin or /usr.
Most system files reflect when they were created/edited by the developers or
maintainers, but from looking at a couple of my systems those directories seem
to get created when the system is installed. In older versions of debian root
would get an email from the install process and a file or 2 would get created in
/root/, but that doesnt seem to happen anymore.