Re: Sqeeze, Bluetooth profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HFP working with ALSA - Has anyone got it working?

2011-08-27 14:27, yudi v skrev:
I am trying to get Bluetooth profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP working with
ALSA.
Not much documentation available for ALSA, there are few for Pulseaudio.
If there is no possibility of these Bluetooth profiles working with
ALSA, probably will go with Pulse.

When I tried the same thing, I ended up using the command line and/or scripts that only worked with one device, and this problem is my main reason to prefer pulse, where there are graphical tools to switch, as you have probably seen with ubuntu.

[...]

This way I could manually switch to either HFP or A2DP - Couldn't figure
out how to make both work at the same time.

Under Windows, all the profiles work without much fuss and also switch
dynamically between A2DP and HFP when I receive a VOIP call if I am
listening to music.

I have always manually switched under linux, and I miss that functionality when using my windows installation, as it sometimes gives me music over the headset profile, which sounds terrible.

Just like when using a mobile phone. This is such a
cool feature,
I wish to get this working under Linux.

Yes, I miss that functionality both in linux and windows.

I would like to know if anyone has got this setup working.

From my experience, I would recommend pulse. Pulse under debian should be comparable to your ubuntu experience.

/ johan