Re: Building the kernel myself

Hi,

>   at the risk of a bit of self-promotion, i wrote an online course for
> beginners to kernel programming, the first part of which is free and
> walks you through how to configure, build and reboot a new kernel:
>
> http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming/introduction-li
> nux-kernel-programming
>
> i avoid all the nonsense involving packages and packaging, and just go
> with cloning the git tree and manually installing the end result.
> this works for me just fine on ubuntu, so i assume it should be just
> as easy under debian.
Thanks for the link. I am using a git clone, too (want to get the actual
"vanilla" kernel), however I'd prefer the end-result to be in package form for
easier uninstallation. And, most importantly, I rely on dkms for two kernel
modules (namely the VirtualBox and fglrx modules), so this has to be triggered
somewhere.

Kind regards,
Ralf