Re: KDE4 , Squeeze: Space fun background keeps appearing under kde login splash

I had to let this issue alone for a few days, to deal with radeon
hardware based DRI - I switched back from proprietary to free driver,
and it was not working properly due to lack of ATI non-free firmware
package. Now that this is solved, I got back to the ksplash issue, and
I discovered that, now, ksplash simply will not show.

I then fired SystemSettings as root, selected "Look and Feel" >
"Appearance" > "Splash Screen" > "Default", and then hit the "Test
Theme" button. Got an error: "Failed to successfully test the splash
screen".

So, I did the same as regular user. I found that my personal theme
choice was already "Default", and the test button worked. Also, I
typed >ksplahsx Default --test in konsole, and that worked also.

Then, I logged out, and logged in again. Still, no splash at all, only
a white rectangle on the left top screen corner.

Any hints?