Re: Running a script on monitor connect/disconnect

Hi,

> Settings applied from the xrandr applet can be stored in a file at your
> home user's profile so they are kept after booting and set as soon as you
> login (at least this is how it works in GNOME).
>
> Time ago I read a very good doc that talked about this:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution#Setting_xrandr_changes_persiste
> ntly
>
> (hope not yet obsoleted...)

> I can't tell for KDE, I don't use it. Maybe someone that uses KDE as well
> as kxrandrtray can expand that information or helping you with this :-?
I will have a look at that doc, thanks.

> Oh, I didn't know. The nvidia counterpart tool is very nice, maybe I
> overestimate the ATI one :-)
OTOH, the ATI driver supports xrandr 1.2 perfectly (as far as I can tell), so
I can use the common open-source configuration tools ;-) . IMHO, that's better
than a well-working vendor-provided tool (from all I read, NVidia barely
supports xrandr).
My problem is solely on the "getting the xrandr tools and desktop to play
nice" side, I don't think the driver is an issue.

> May I ask why not using the open source driver (radeon)? For non
> intensive 3D tasks should be just fine, in fact nowadays I'd say is the
> best shaped VGA open source driver available.
I'd like to run some Windows (DX9) games in wine, which works fine with fglrx,
but last time I tried did not work at all using the open-source driver. Even
simple games like Neverball or Supertux did not work. So, no go here :(

Kind regards,
Ralf