Re: 2TB file system

lina wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Pete Orrall<ppatfcb@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 21:27 +0800, lina wrote:
What's the best choice of the portable hard drive.
reliable. 1TB.

There are many brands, I don't know which one is reliable. I once
tried the hitachi.

Hitachi is fantastic.  I've been using their drives in my machines since
2003 with no problems.

So you are lucky than me.
I have had one, bought in 2007, actually I did not use often but it
has problem this year. not inside, outside. the screws were gone, so
the plugin parts get loose.
So Hitachi is good? I hesitate to choose Hitachi again, how about GoFlex and WD?

GoFlex ????
I don't know. In preparation to abandon Windows(tm), I purchased one of their 1TB drives (available alternative at 'big box store' was IOMEGA who I associate with less than nice experience with early Bernoulli drive and Seagate has been a standard since dark ages)

Drive comes loaded with "software". What is said software supposed to do? Who knows? No docs either in box or on drive. I found (and downloaded) some docs on Segate website. {site stated doc were on drive - *oops TILT* ;} Decades ago as a construction inspector working on fringes of my competency, I learned to look at "WORKMANSHIP". I've not actually experienced any problems with the the drive.

*BUT* I need a similar drive for another project. What will I buy? ??

If by WD you mean "Western Digital", they were *THE* name in single chip floppy disk controllers - oops did I just reveal my age -- now just where is my 026 or even my KSR-33 ;)