Re: Looking for a package management GUI in KDE

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:09:10 -0400
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Nico,

> Because you left Synaptic running on an X session, went home,and would
> like to install or change something or let the nightly updates run. Or
> because you're running a local setup script, or nightly update tool.

Ah, I see.  I wonder though, why you want to keep Synaptic running for
long periods.  I'm not saying you're wrong to do so, just curious as to
why.  To me, it seems pointless, especially as you do "stuff" behind the
scenes, as it were.  Secondly, running unattended updates can cause
problems, especially if things require user input.

Also, though things are much better these days than in the past, I'm
still cautious about using different tools for updating Debian as there
have been conflicts between the different methodologies.  I know
Synaptic is only a GUI front end, but there are still, possibly, the
issues between underlying technologies.

--
 Regards  _
We don't give a damn