Re: Ethernet connection weirdly not working mornings

Appologies for taking so long to follow up on this thread,
life got busy.

* Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> [110630 07:11]:
> On Wed 29 Jun 2011 at 21:09:18 -0700, John Magolske wrote:
> > And now the ethernet-challenged machine is not connecting
> > in the evening either [...]
>
> Can we discount the time of day factor?

Yes.

> > 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
> > 03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300
>
> The 82567LM appears to be supported in the kernel by the e1000 module.
> Is it on the system?
>
>    locate e1000
>
> Is it loaded on booting?
>
>    lsmod | grep e1000

The e1000e module is loaded on booting:

    ~ % lsmod | grep e1000
    e1000e                113198  0

This does appear to be a module-related problem. When I find the
ethernet won't come up, I do:

    # rmmod -f e1000e
    # modprobe e1000e

And the problem goes away. It's also possible that going through many
cyles of suspend-to-ram could exacerbate the problem, but I'm not
entirely sure.

Thanks for the help,

John

--